Usertreffen 2024: 29.5.-2.6. | Anmelden bitte bis 30.4. ×
Schiffsmodell.net

Baubericht Speedliner Corsair M-510 'Maverick'

Guest Dirk Jan

Guest Dirk Jan

Hallo jeder,

Werde ich zuerst mich vorstellen, ich bin Dirk Jan und ich lebe in den Niederlanden. Ich bin ein begeisterte Modellbauer, insbesondere Booten. Ich habe mehrere DIY-Projekte gemacht und jetzt ist mein Interesse geweckt durch Ihre wunderbare 152vo Klasse! Ich habe viel gelesen über die Website und die beobachtete Boot-Modelle. Ich habe beschlossen, dass ich der Speedliner Corsair bauen wollen. Ich habe den zeichnungen von Ulmo bekommen, nochmals vielen dank dafür!

Zusammen mit Lex / Subdiver habe ich ein OSE outboard gekauft. Jetzt der Rumpf bauen!

Wie Sie sehen werden, ist mein Deutsch nicht so gut.. ich hoffe, Sie verstehen!

Der Anfang wurde gemacht:

DSC03950.jpg

DSC03958.jpg

DSC03959.jpg

DSC03960.jpg

Und das Lenkrad habe ich auch jetzt gemacht:

DSC03941.jpg

DSC03944.jpg

DSC03945.jpg

DSC03948.jpg

DSC03954.jpg

Update folgen in Kürze!

Dirk Jan,

das finde ich richtig gut, daß Du hier einen Baubericht machst.

Ich bin auch etwas stolz, daß Du gerade die Corsair baust 8-).

Dein Lenkrad ist schon mal 1A :that:

Und bei Fragen - einfach fragen. Es gibt noch mehr Fotos, als in meinem Baubericht zu sehen sind.

Und das mit dem Deutsch wird schon funktionieren - ansonsten geht auch Englisch.

Viel Erfolg!

Guest Dirk Jan

Ulmo, I will take your advice and continue in English! I guess it's better for both parties; it will save me some (Google translate..) time and you will better understand :)

Time for an update:

First milestone is achieved! Al frames are finished. It took some time to finish them in a neat way.

DSC03967_zps7b5c52f3.jpg

The bow is also assembles and glued together:

DSC03965.jpg

DSC03968_zpsfe83fd03.jpg

I aligned the frames on the building board; the shape becomes visible!

DSC03971_zps0f6b956b.jpg

DSC03974_zps247bcda8.jpg

As Ulmo suggested I modified frame 3 and 4 a bit. The floor part is kept straight so I can easily place the lipo on a small flat board.

Al frames are finished. It took some time to finish them in a neat way.

Very clean work. Looks really good. Will stain (beizen) the wood before you continue or do you have other plans? By the way, which type of plywood did you use?

As ... suggested I modified frame 3 and 4 a bit. The floor part is kept straight so I can easily place the lipo on a small flat board.

If you have a LiPo at hand you should check if you can shift it to its final position through the inspection chamber (fromt cover). Think of the angle the LiPo bar takes when you try to shift it forward.

Did it work well with the support pieces for the 15° angled transom?

Edited by Ulmo
Guest Dirk Jan

Yes I will stain the wood, but I first have to remove the paper ;)

I didn't fit the lipo yet, but I will try it this weekend. I have several 2S and 3S lipo's, so at least one should fit :)

The wood is from the local DIY store. It's 3mm thick. The transom is 4mm high density ply. The support pieces work well so far! The drawings are very clear!

Hallo Dirk Jan. Zuerst ein herzliches Willkommen im Forum und bei den 152ern! :that:

Es ist super, dass Du einen Baubericht schreibst - in Englisch ist von mir aus sehr gut (wir würden auch Dein Deutsch verstehen...;)).

Du arbeitest sehr sauber, die Spanten sehen super schön aus und sie stehen schön auf der Helling (Baubrett). Die Corsair ist ein super Boot und Du wirst sicher viel Spass damit haben - und wir werden Spass beim Lesen Deines Bauberichts haben...hoffe ich...;)

Ich freue mich auf die Fortsetzung!8-)

Guest Dirk Jan

Hi Jo und Xoff,

Danke für deinen freundlichen willkommen!

Ja die Speedliner hatt 8 spanten! Darum denke ich daß 3mm ach ausreichend sein muß.

Wann die Beplankung auf sitz werde ich die Rumpf auch laminieren mit ein leichtes Gewebe.

@ Jan, ben jij Robo van MBF? Leuk dat je het hier ook volgt!

Ja die Spanten sind so 100% Original:

IMGP1022.jpg

Bildquelle: David Van Weele

Die Spantendicke auf 3mm zu verringern ist sicher eine gute Maßnahme, um das Gewicht zu reduzieren.

Dirk Jan plant ja 1600 Gramm Renngewicht. Bei mir sind es alles inklusive etwa 1800.

Drei Millimeter reicht dicke aus, überhaupt kein Problem. Das würde selbst bei halb so vielen Spanten locker reichen. Die haben fast nur formgebende Funktion (abgesehen von den Unterzügen und dem Transom). Die Stabilität ergibt sich maßgeblich aus der Beplankung, die ein kräfteaufnehmendes Monocoque bildet. Ich bin mir sicher, dass selbst 1,5mm reichen würden.

Guest Dirk Jan

The frames are stained.I used a roller, which works quick and neat!

DSC03976_zpse6f86829.jpg

DSC03975_zpsb40545fc.jpg

The frames aligned on the building board:

DSC03979_zpsa40c2415.jpg

The center lath is glued. The next ones will soon follow!

DSC03981_zpse64dde75.jpg

Edited by Dirk Jan
Bilderlink repariert
Guest Dirk Jan

Thank you guys :) The color is 4692 Mahoney and the brand is from the DIY store 'Gamma'. I applied 3 layers to each part.

The keel is made from 2 pieces of plywood glued together. I guess it's strong enough? If not, I can replace the front part with high density ply.

Guest Dirk Jan

Time for an update:

After gluing the first laths I can sand them down for a good fit:

DSC03982_zps38899ad0.jpg

The building board becomes dusty very quickly :)

DSC03995_zps08b79b24.jpg

DSC03996_zps83dc163a.jpg

The outside laths are pre-bended by making them wet, before gluing them. The weights prevent the transom to lift, because of the tension from the bended lath.

DSC03997_zpsb59cc653.jpg

DSC03998_zps925fc283.jpg

The next day the lath is perfectly bended and can be glued without any tension!

DSC04002_zps77dcaf64.jpg

The whole frame is glued with CA glue. Works quick and easy!

DSC04008_zpsdc48a167.jpg

Towards the bow section, some laths have to be sanded in shape to fit the outside lath. Some laths are made from balsa to save a little weight.

DSC04003_zpsb9575d5b.jpg

Sanding the laths to fit the bow section:

DSC04004_zpse721cc47.jpg

DSC04005_zps839c633a.jpg

Top view of the building status at this moment:

DSC04007_zps85bb8025.jpg

For sanding down the laths I use some home-made sanding tools. I have different sizes and paper grids:

DSC04012_zpscb307688.jpg

DSC04009_zps9b60fc97.jpg

DSC04016_zps7f01a7c4.jpg

Just a little more sanding to go and the frame is done!

DSC04017_zps9e5ae445.jpg

DSC04018_zps3fa558b0.jpg

It is a pleasure to watch your progress! I am really curious to see how much the hull will weigh.

Will you stain the battens and stringers as well or will they stay natural?

How did the chine battens fit to the support clamps of stem?