Intermodellbau 2024: Unser Stand in Halle 3 ist fertig für Besucher - schaut mal 'rein. ×
Schiffsmodell.net

Looking For A Good (non Competition) Yacht Help Appreciated.(Auf der Suche nach einem guten (nicht Konkurrenz) Yacht Hilfe geschätzt.)

Guest rcyachtman

Guest rcyachtman

:DGuten Tag to Everyone!

I wish firstly to apologize for the English,my German is very poor although I did live and work near Straubing in my younger days (1977-8)

I will put a German translation at the bottom of the page,and possibly between the two languages I maybe understood:mrgreen:

I wish to than JURGAN @ ADMIN,who as being really superb!helping and advising me and increasing my excitement & enthusiasm for RC Yachting!

I had being looking at RC Schleppers but I decided on balance that RC Yachts were a better bet for me.

I am looking for a really nice top class RC-yacht ? I was already familiar with STOCKMARITIME and Hans had also being most helpful to me.

STOCKMARITIME 3 x1 was my first choice,but now I have being given alternatives to look at and consider? one being the Sprinta from Sprinta-rc.Which looks a lovely boat.

I will be sailing alone due to personal circumstances,so this boat looks like a good option, but as I have a few months before I can buy the boat I was advised to ask you guys for your thoughts on what other options which I can look at.

Even though I am a novice(again due to circumstances) I will only ever be buying the one yacht,it may as well be the best

I am not looking for a toy,but something that really as the wow factor even though it will never be in competition racing e.t.c.

So if members can spare the time and give me a few more options to consider I would be most grateful

I would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone on the Forum a Very Merry Christmas!

Regards Steve:mrgreen:---------->Deutsch

Guten Tag an alle!

Ich möchte mich zuerst für die Engländer entschuldigen, mein Deutsch ist sehr arm, obwohl ich in meiner Jugendzeit in der Nähe von Straubing gelebt und gearbeitet habe (1977-8)

Ich werde eine deutsche Übersetzung am Ende der Seite einfügen und möglicherweise zwischen den beiden Sprachen, die ich vielleicht verstanden habe

Ich möchte als JURGAN @ ADMIN, der wirklich super ist, helfen und beraten und meine Begeisterung und Begeisterung für RC Yachting steigern!

Ich habe mir RC Schleppers angesehen, aber ich habe mich im Gleichgewicht entschieden, dass RC Yachten eine bessere Wette für mich waren.

Ich suche eine wirklich schöne RC-Yacht der Extraklasse? STOCKMARITIME kannte ich schon, und auch Hans war mir sehr behilflich.

STOCKMARITIME 3 x1 war meine erste Wahl, aber jetzt habe ich Alternativen zum Betrachten und Überlegen? Einer ist der Sprinta von Sprinta-rc.Which sieht ein schönes Boot.

Aufgrund der persönlichen Umstände werde ich alleine segeln, daher scheint dieses Boot eine gute Wahl zu sein, aber da ich ein paar Monate Zeit habe, um das Boot zu kaufen, wurde mir geraten, euch nach Ihren Gedanken zu fragen, welche anderen Optionen ich mir ansehen kann beim.

Obwohl ich ein Neuling bin (wieder aufgrund der Umstände) werde ich immer nur die eine Yacht kaufen, es kann auch die beste sein

Ich bin nicht auf der Suche nach einem Spielzeug, aber etwas, das wirklich wie der Wow-Faktor ist, auch wenn es nie im Wettbewerb Rennen e.t.c. sein wird.

Wenn also die Mitglieder Zeit haben und mir ein paar weitere Optionen geben können, wäre ich sehr dankbar

Ich möchte diese Gelegenheit nutzen, um allen im Forum ein frohes Weihnachtsfest zu wünschen!

Grüße, Steve

Hi Steve,

first of all, wellcome on board here... I think, English won´t be a big problem.

For beginners and if you look for a Kind of racing yacht, I would recommend Kyosho Seawind or SeaCret from T2M (my boat). both are in the 1-Meter-Class, pretty good size to Transport and to have fun even with more wind.

Stockmaritime... a lot of spitting opinions about that.

The "soft" rigg is at least funny, I can´t find any Advantages. The hulls are really beautifull. The Price... outstanding.

Since you are a beginner more or less and you maybe first want to find out if you have fun with sailboats, I would really recommend a cheaper solution to start with.

Best regards

Torsten

Guest rcyachtman

Hi Torsten

Many thanks for your kind welcome

I am not necessarily looking for a racing yacht I mean I will not be in any competitions with anyone, just sailing alone on the 3 lakes next to house.  I am aware of the Kyosho Seawind or SeaCrest yachts.But as I am only ever going to be able to buy one yacht I thought I would go for something on the next level?I am trying to find the best balance.... I am not sure if the SPRINTA is on the next level, but I am certainly open to any and all suggestions,nothing will be counted out for a while anyway.

I suppose I was just taken by the STOCKMARITIME 3 x 1 plus all the backup and superb accessories,I do not know what the yachting world thinks of Stockmaritime,but I hope I will have enough feedback to help me  make a good choice of boat.

all the best Steve:D

Guest rcyachtman

Good day Chris:D

Many thanks for your reply, which is most helpful,I will certainly check out your links!

and of course I was originally looking at Stockmaritime and its still in the frame, just wished to try and get a wider view of whats available

SPRINTA looks very good,and as was said to me, you only need the one sail,unlike STOCKMARITIME which is a consideration.if not knock out blow!

I checked out the following www.minisail-classic.dewww.rcsailing.de earlier today and whilst they produce lovely yachts,they are not on my list.

I have now checked out ttp://www.jclasshulls.co.uk/ & http://www.segelboot-modelle.de/wb/pages/home.php 

Again superb Yachts,but not for me, so its still SPRINTA/STOCKMARITIME&KYOSHO-SEAWIND (CARBON EDITION)*

Once again many thanks indeed for your help and advice

Best wishes & A Very Merry Christmas

Steve:D

Hi Steve,

I had a closer look on the Sprinta on the last RC Model Exibition here in Friedrichshafen and I must say: a great boat...

If I would look for something new, that whould be my choice. Not cheap, but the Quality seems to be very good.

Stockmaritime is at least challenging. Maybe fast with the right trim and  the right "rubber" rigg, but hard to set up.

I have sailed against 3x1 with my Seacret once. Yes, it is a bit faster, but not that much.

Best regards

Torsten

Guest rcyachtman

a great boat...

If I would look for something new, that would  be my choice

Good Day Torsten

So good of you to get back to me.

I can not begin to tell you how happy:mrgreen: I was to read your comments on the :mrgreen:SPRINTA RC BOAT!:mrgreen: music to my ears!! I was hoping so much that someone would give this boat a glowing thumbs up as I have just said to Jurgan (email) In just one day or so I have come to like this boat oh so much,it seems to offer a lot for the money and as distinct advantages over STOCKMARITIME one being the price,whilst not cheap is far better than the 3x1 Stockmaritimes once you have added the extras e.t.c.

Even I a novice can see that the stockmaritime boats a serious boats and need a lot of setting up,so on that point alone the SPRINTA wins hands down!

And as I have said to Jurgan several times,It would be a complete dream come true if I can travel to Germany or Denmark for some one to one lessons on the boat but also the Transmitter e.t.c. I think this above all else will set me up so well and I can also film the action with Go-Pro.

Torsten,for me this is a big deal, not least because it will be my final big thing!I am getting no younger and health's not 100% and in my life I have achieved very little,due to personal circumstances and looking after a seriously ill mother.I myself have not worked for over 25 years,But touch wood nothing will stop me sailing the lake is 60 mtrs away only.

To be able to sail the SPRINTA  will be a dream come true

so please keep the good vibes coming and thank you so very much for making me a very happy man

all the very best a Very Merry Christmas!

Steve:D

Hi Steve,

what I have seen on the exibition, the Sprinta seems not to be too complicated to set up. But of course, sailing boats with a standard rigg are a bit easier to handle.

Each sailing boat requires some attention in that point, and you will have to learn a few things, no matter, what boat you will buy in the end.

For sure you have to look for the basics about how to sail a boat, but I would trust in our forum here that any question could be answered.

Best regards

Torsten

Guest rcyachtman

:D

Many thanks Torsten

Please  excuse this latest intrusion,I must admit since your very positive comments re the SPRINTA I have spent a few hours searching other forums and web pages,I was a little deflated when I viewed and read that the sprita being so like a real boat to sail, is rather complex to set up? and I wondered if someone like me who is not use to RC of any kind let alone RC Segelboot.might find it very difficult to set up

If so I will more than ever require one to one tuition,and I hope I think if I am correct SPRINTA RC is ownded by someone called Chris?

I am still awaiting a reply fro SRINTA RC re the possibility of taking lessons as well as deciding on what I might like on the  finished boat e.t.c.?

My first impression of the boat  was more driven by over enthusiasm maybe?:(if it is felt the SPRINTA maybe to much for somone like me

I may reluctantly have to look elsewhere, but I do not wish to give up on the SPRINTA if possible to avoid it.Maybe SPRINTA is more difficult than one of 3x1 stockmaritimes to set up,or at least just as complicated?

all the best and many thanks Steve:D

:lol:

ALL looks more difficult.....

:lol:

In Love with the SPRINTA...... go for it :that: 

In case of need: we here from schiffsmodell.net have also our "usertreffen" means "come together in person, all users invited". Happens next year the 31 May to 3 June 2018. A lot of experience is there....I learned quite a bit on sails, sailing, adjust, trim etc etc other the years there! 

Worth to give it a thought - I think!

For more info, please contact me - no problem!!

Cheers

Chris

Guest rcyachtman

:lol:Hi Again Chris & Sorry something went wrong as I was writing this reply ended up looking like it came from you?

Wow!:mrgreen: that sounds fantastic Chris.

Really nice of you to think of me.,big thank you!:mrgreen:

I will indeed contact you,it really could be the opening I have being looking for and the timing seems just about right,as I hope before then to have the money for this project(am awaiting a European court final joint decision with supreme court in UK) and if I am lucky after 10 years of waiting I will finally have some money,fingers crossed.

Must admit in less than a couple of days I have really taken to the SPRINTA BOAT, and will only look elsewhere if it is thought theSPRINTA would be to much for me to cope with?

Many thanks once again Cheers Steve:D