Schiffsmodell.net

My 152VO©: Sundancer (Max Williams, 1937)

Guest Gema1831

Guest Gema1831

Hello!

Yes I start to build my one outboard!

I Introduce me :

The name is Mark, (from Belgium, Brussels) I'm 53 and build schipmodels al 30 yaers.

This is not my first outboard model. I build 3 outboards - Poncelet boats - All in scale 1/8. But this model (a frensch model from 1937) is the first in scale 1/5.2 :)

I hope to meet you for te next contest (Agger is 250 km from Brussels, is possible).

dsc00451j.jpg

dsc00455ar.jpg

Gema

Hello Mark,

welcome to the madness :mrgreen:.

Do you have some more information about your original. I know from some books that there was a racing boat scene in France as well at that time ...

Hi Marc,

welcome to the club! Nice that you joined us - the first member from Belgium. :that:

We don't know anything about the Poncelet racers up to now. Can you tell us something about the original boats and their history? Or show us drawings / photos of the original racer? The frames are looking very unusual - ssems to be an interesting boat.

Regards, Jo

Guest Gema1831

hello to all,

@Ulmo. I have no information on original.

This is a small drawing that I found in a book dating from 1937. This drawing was intended for amateur construction!

the great international race in France is the six hours from Paris.

@Jo. No photo of the original. It's a flat botom and single step from 3 m.

For Poncelet Boats : Poncelet factory was start to build boats in 1954. Befor it was (and it is) a plane propeller factory! The activity (boats building) was stoped in 1992...... http://www.ets-poncelet.com/

The Poncelet 445 (4.45m) won the 6 hours from Paris in 1964. In 1962 won the crossing over the noord sea from Ostende to Douver!!

Roger Poncelet (66 yaers) restore its boats and build plane propellers

Gema

(my avatar is a Poncelet 445. A 4 places and a 2 places 'long noze')

Edited by Gema1831

Hello Gema and welcome in the Forum...:that:

That's a very interesting boat you are building. You said, you had a piece of paper with the information for building...was this a drawing or an offset-table?

Did you plan your model with the help of a CAD-Software?

Guest Gema1831

Hello Xoff,

thank you for the welcome.

The drawing is coming from a book. I draw it on the scale 1/5.2 on a drawing table :lol: not DAO (in french) CAD-software. Only a paper and a drawing table!

Gema

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...